National Electrical Code Articles and Information
Back to Quiz
1. [80.1]Inspection, Investigation, Review (of drawings and specifications), Implementation (everything from design through maintenance), and Regulation.
2. [80.2]Article 80 has only 3 definitions. These apply to administration and enforcement, while Article 100 defines key terms used throughout the Code.
3. [80.9]New installations, Existing installations, and Additions, alterations, or repairs.
4. [80.11(A)]Occupancy cannot occur, in whole or in part, if a newly constructed building violates provisions of the NEC.
[80.11(B)]Grandfathering applies to existing
buildings, under two conditions:
6. [80.13]The Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ), who is an individual (or individuals) appointed by the governing body (e.g., state or municipality).
7. [80.13(2)]The AHJ can order the premises disconnected from its power supply if any electrical equipment or its installation is dangerous to human life or property. The AHJ doesn't have to be right about that--just convinced.
8. [80.13(4)]The AHJ can obtain assistance from the police, fire, and other enforcement agencies as needed to enforce the Code.
9. [80.14(7)]The AHJ is authorized at all reasonable times to enter and examine any building, structure, or premises to make electrical inspections. The AHJ can also obtain a warrant to inspec without the owner’s consent. In an emergency where the AHJ can reasonably determine there’s immediate danger to people or property, a warrant is presumed.
10. [80.19(F)(1)When you complete any electrical installation under a permit (other than an electrical permit), you (the person, firm, or corporation making the installation), must notify the electrical inspector. The inspector must then make the inspection in a reasonable time.
Don't take your electrical exam twice
Learn more about:
How the NEC is arranged
Try your NEC moxy:
Remember other applicable codes, rules, standards, and references:
Codebookcity is a subsidiary of Mindconnection, LLC. If you have any questions,
comments, or concerns, please write to sales @ mindconnection.com. We do want