- It must be suitable for the environmental conditions, current, voltage, and temperature to which the conductors will be subjected [410.52].
- It must be connected to the screw shell [410.50].
- It must be neatly arranged and not exposed to physical damage [410.48].
- It's not clear why wires and conductors are differentiated here, but you must arrange conductors so they aren't subjected to temperatures for which they are rated [410.48].
- Excess wiring shall be avoided [410.48]. What constitutes "excess wiring" isn't defined, but it should not have to be. Allow enough wire length for properly servicing the luminaire, but not much more than that. As a guide, consider the 6 inch length used for wiring a 120V light switch. The length you choose must permits fulfilling 410.48.